Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: You can take the girl out of the south, or A Sure Sign Spring is about to get Sprung! Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: You can take the girl out of the south, or A Sure Sign Spring is about to get Sprung!

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

You can take the girl out of the south, or A Sure Sign Spring is about to get Sprung!

Do you know what this is?
Photobucket


How bout now?
Photobucket

Ok Last One!
Photobucket
That right there is somthing I haven't had since I left Savannah GA about 5 years ago. That is a red necky treat that come spring you can find at every grocery store and gas station worth it's salt, or legumes.....yes them there is BOILED PEANUTS! Those luxurious lovely legumes that make my heart sing and my taste buds scream "YES YES YES" ala When Harry Met Sally. They are soooo good. I stumbled across raw peanuts at the store which blew my mind because unless you live in an area where you would tell people the county you live in instead of the city, you can't get RAW GREEN PEANUTS EVER! When I lived in GA they were at every Publix, Kroger and Piggly Wiggly during the spring and summer months and the boiled version were at every gas station. I mastered the art of eating these while driving.
Photobucket
As you can see they were a hit!
Also we have some sewing to show off
Photobucket
Here's my first attempt at super basic quilting...I have a ways to go but hey I'm having fun and I'm almost getting the hang of sewing in a straight line.

Now for Hat Wars...
I've been taken out! Erica from Texas struck me down with this!
Photobucket
It's actaully kinda cute. I didn't knit this but it turned out well...boy is it a tight knit though...the designer must be the tightest knitter in the world to get guage on 8's with this pattern. I am not sure about the designs placement of the decreases but all in all a tricky fun little pattern. I wish I had photos of my unfinished hat but it's already been sent off.
So yes I'm dead at Hat Attack.
Photobucket
As you can see I'm not thrilled!!!!
Boy that's an Ugly Ass Photo of me!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I've tried many a quilts in my day... none of which ever looked right! My sewing skills are far beneath my knitting skills!

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger One Knitty Chick said...

Boiled peanuts?!? I didn't realize that you are a transplant, as well. I was born and raised in Florida, a little bit of Cuban and Southern cuisine is needed when I get home sick. Rare as it may be. Boiled peanuts, though... drool.

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger i wish i had a penguin friend said...

boiled peanuts!?!? I must try them one day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home