Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Faux Sauerbraten Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Faux Sauerbraten

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Faux Sauerbraten

I'm makeing a kind of faux Sauerbraten recipe cause I'm way too lazy to devote three days to making an authentic one. I actaully made it last night and refrigerated it over night to reheat today cause that makes it taste better. This technique also works exceptionally well for Chili, Curry and Chicken soup.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I may look gross but it was pretty darn tasty..."R" loved it I think I may surpris him with a plate at work tomorrow.
I also got a really nice bottle of wine. I bought it in this neato little gormet shop down the Street from the Yarn Garden where they think I am from outerspace cause I requested some rough scrathcy yarn for a project for a friend. That's what he wanted what can I do. They made fun of me slightly even when I repeatedly stated that the rough yarn is a request from a friend.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My fancy dinner

Anyways I got the size 13 circular needles for the Felting class tomorrow. Yes I actaully got off my ass and signed up for a class to expand my creative outlets.
I want to make a bag with bamboo handles with an anchor on the front. I need to branch out from putting skulls all over everything and most cool patterns have been WAY overdone (It Stars, brass knuckles, lightning bolts, cherries) and I thought a really cool anchor would look cool in white on a bright blue bag. Hopefully I can get it done in time for the Group Felting. We're going down to the laundry mat on mass and felting our little hearts out.
On a sad note I seriously messed up the second side of the HamburgularSkullySkiSweater and had to frog the ENTIRE thing and start over....sigh. At least I have a few months before sweater season.