Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: I had a weird dream Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: I had a weird dream

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Friday, March 07, 2008

I had a weird dream

I had a really strange dream. I dreamt that a little old man was stalking me and kept trying to break into my house to leave me love letters and when I rejected him he attacked me with a hedge trimmer. But the strange thing was it was an electric hedge trimmer so he could only attack me where the power cord reached, so I would stand like a foot out of his reach and he couldn't get me.....crazy. That's what happens when you eat leftover spaghetti and meatballs at midnight. Anyways


On to some actual knitting content.
I knit 1.5 socks.
Photobucket

This yarn is a hand dye from Lotus Yarns on Etsy. The color way is 7 Nation Army. Honestly I am not thrilled with these socks. I knit them on a size 2 and they really needed to be knit on 1's one 0's Also it may be due to the fact that I am the loosest knitter ever and the socks are a bit slouchy even with only 54 stitches cast on....plus the twisted 1x1 ribbing just looks sloppy. I do think I'm going to give these socks to miss Amanda who is a rare beast...a 17 year old that loves and wears anything hand knit reguardless of what it looks like, and appreciates the time and effort that goes into everything hand made....Amanda is awesome, plus she wears the same size shoe as me so she gets alot of hand knit socks. When she goes off to college she's gonna become my care package knitting project.

I honestly can't wait to finish these because I have a skein of Stitch Jones in the stash that I am desperate to knit up. One thing at a time...I'm destashing the sock yarn....after these goes the Stitch Jones then a skein of STR in Onyx then a skein of Lornas Laces in a pink that only a full on prom/drag queen would love (It's called trashy flamingo or somthing like that) but it's awesome and fun to knit with. I started a pair of heart socks with it but they were way too small so I ripped back. I think I may make little fingerless gloves or somthing like that...
Photobucket
The tiki thinks they're tasty.
Other than that I should have an action packed weekend for ya'll on Monday.

5 Comments:

At 1:07 PM , Blogger i wish i had a penguin friend said...

AWESOME SOCKS!

 
At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the tiki!

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

Thanks....my BF has a friend who carved it for him...he has a few of them. Unfortunatly he dosen't carve anymore but he's a super fun guy.

 
At 11:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer about the socks, but thankfully you have someone to gift them to.

The tiki dude rocks!

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

I've named him Oswald, he is by far the biggest tiki in chez Scrapper.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home