Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: It's Here Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: It's Here

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Friday, November 23, 2007

It's Here

It's here.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Meet Mamie...I reserve the right to change her name at a later date as I see fit.
This here is a 1936 Ford pickup truck with a 330 ci Oldsmobile motor, 4 barrell carb and a 2 speed "Jetaway" Tranny which has the speeds go and go slowly in a low gear...this is a pretty beefy piece of American Steel (and a small bondo patch on the drivers rear fender that will be cut out and repaired sometime after the 1st of the year)
I bought this Truck in Phoenix Arizona from a guy who bought it from a friend who's Dad bought it in 56. Some time in 65 the Owner worked at the Oldsmobile testing grounds and when they wrecked a brand new 65 Cutlass he pulled the motor and transmission out and put it into the 36.

It needs some work on the brakes and we've decided to pull out the rear end and replace it (in 65 it looks like they also put an Oldsmobile Rear end in that sticks out too far.)

The DSB surprised me with an early x-mas gift while I took a much needed nap this afternoon...a set of 16" wheels to replace the strange mismatched set that are on the truck at the moment. We just need on more for the spare that is mounted on the side and we have a ride! Sure the paint is shot and the tail lights don't match but this car maked up with style what it lacks in class.

5 Comments:

At 11:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

we looked at a truck like this in Fontana. the guy wouldn't let my man test drive it, he could only sit in the truck while the guy slowly drove it in a circle around his cul de sac. we bought the International in Whittier instead. the truck looks awesome. cars (or trucks) are best a blank canvas, instead of buying it built. or atleast that's how we see it.

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

For real? The guy I bought it from not only let me drive it he let me and my BF take it for a spin by ourselves for about a half hour through AZ...only regret was not taking it on the highway to sample the 290 hp under the hood but now I have the rest of my life to show off.

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger One Knitty Chick said...

Hi there! I have not looked in my blog, One Knitty Chick, since I last updated it.. oh, about a year ago! Jeez. I saw that you had left a comment so I cruised over to your blog and WOW! It looks like we would get along pretty well. Your new Ford pickup looks very similar to a '45 pickup that my father put together when I was a wee one. Makes me a little bleary-eyed just thinking about what the truck will become. :D

Anywho, if you are on Ravelry I am under OneKnittyChick. Feel free to drop me a line, I'd love to meet more rad knitters in the area.

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

ooooh i love the 45's. Yeah my 36 is going to be more of a restoration than s Custom Build porject...I think the lines and style of it are to classic to monkey around with...plus this car was rebuilt in 65 by some hot rodders in Arizona...it's a true survivor and I can't complain about that...a teeny piece of history you don't see too often.

 
At 4:06 PM , Blogger One Knitty Chick said...

Well, she is a beaut. It will be fun to see what you do with her. I love that So Cal has so many hot rodders... the only ones we had back home in Florida were the random mechanics with cars strewn all over their front lawns in random levels of disrepair. So much more fun over here. And the men don't gawk when a female actually knows what is under the hood. :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home