Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: raw berry Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: raw berry

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

raw berry

I went to a local resturant a long time ago called the Stinking Rose which is this AWESOME place where everything is like garlic based, even the martinis. Anyways they give you these little fruit candies with your bill at the end of the meal. Like a little gummy fruit candies can cover the fact that you've just eaten 5 whole bulbs of raw garlic.
I went one time with my friend Katie and we were dividing up the candies at the end of the night and she picked up one and stared at it with this puzzled look on her face. I asked her what was up and she says, "Do you like...Raw Berry?"
It was strawberry but the printer had only printed part of the label on the wrapper. From that point on I always think of strawberries as "Raw" berries.
I love them by the way.
Imagine my delight when I got a call from the DSB...his shop made some equipment for the "Strawberry King of the SFV" and as a nice thank you they gave them about a bazillion pounds of red ripe strawberries.
What do you do with a bazillion pounds of strawberries.
Well....
Photobucket
First thing you do is make a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie....got the recipe off the back of a box of instant tapioca, my sercet weapon in fruit pies.
Strawberry bread

Then you make Strawberry Bread (and Muffins). It's soooo nummy. Notice the lone potato in the corner...that's for me. The DSB ate at his folks tonight and I was craving a baked potato even though I normally don't like them.
Anyways after baking like Betty Freakin' Crocker all day I only made a dent in the Strawberries.
Photobucket
How gross is my fridge....notice the celery in the NHRA cup...we're die hard hot rodders. Anyways I'm taking some to my mom's tomorrow to try and make strawberry jam. Believe it or not my mother is an awesome canner. When we were kids she used to make and can her own chutneys and stuff. I can't can anything without risking giving everyone botulism so I'm having her do it....cause I rock like that.

4 Comments:

At 6:28 AM , Blogger Mrs. Booms said...

I'm coming to your house to eat. I love Strawberry Rhubarb pie.

I'm making strawberry shortcupcakes for Crazyman's b-day this weekend.

Wish you could help!

 
At 9:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like A LOT of work an really yummy! Lucky DSB!

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Amy said...

LOVE the NHRA cup! Dragsters rule.

 
At 7:06 PM , Blogger Brook said...

I love the stinking rose... so yum!! but the garlic ice cream i had to skip out on... as much as I love ice cream and garlic... the two just dont belong...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home