Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: You'd think I swung the other way Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: You'd think I swung the other way

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

You'd think I swung the other way

You know...for a straight chick I just realized that I am very passionate about gay/lesbian rights and visibility. People say, "Oh you must have alot of gay/lesbian friends." and when i think about it I realize that I really don't. I mean I have a few...I never really sat down and counted. I don't think you have to know someone to get involved in a cause or whatever. I just think it's great that how far the Gay/Lesbian community has come since the days of homosexuality being classified as a mental defect. Every step they take towards equality is a step we all take towards making the world a more tolerant and understanding place. Call me the Straight Against Hate.

Anyways when a good friend of mine put the call out needing volunteers for the 15th Annual Dyke March how could I say no. This person has always been a good friend to me and, well quite frankly she's been helping me out with something that is very important to me so what kind of butt head would I be if I declined an opportunity to help with something that's important to her? So if you see me on the news in my PBR bandanna remember....Gay, Straight, Young, Old, Black, White or whatever, we're all in the same boat and life's too short to be a hater.
Do I sound seriously preachy?

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM , Blogger Mrs. Booms said...

This? Rocks.

I feel very strongly for Gay/Lesbian rights. So I'm in the same boat with you.

And a PBR bandana. You go.

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

I am the same damn way. I lose my mind when I meet people seriously against things like gay marriage.

Straight against hate? Hell yes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home