Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: On A Finishing Jag Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: On A Finishing Jag

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

On A Finishing Jag

Ok so I've been on a finishing jag as of late.
Behold
Photobucket
The finished baby H vestie thing.
Pattern Owl Baby Vest from Caffienated Yarn.
Yarn
Rowan felted tweed. Can't remember the color numbers but it used one ball of the blue with about 10 yards left over pluse a bit of the green color. I wonder if I can make this vest with just one ball of the felted tweed.
A fun knit. I didn't add the owl cables. It fit the toddler form at the shop so I hope hope hope that it will fit baby H who INSISTS on growing bigger and bigger every time I see him! Love that little guy!
Next up is the top down baby raglan.
Photobucket
This is for baby M who is about 1 month old right now.
Tis was a sweater that I had to wait to meet her before I made anything for her and I'm glad I did! I think this yarn shade of purple will look great on her and fit with the parents as well.
Pattern
You know I found a top down baby formula online and I can't remember where I found it. As soon as I figure it out I'll give credit where credit is due.
Size: to fit an infant.
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Heavyweight in Jasper
Like the yarn. If I was to make it again I would have done it in a medium weight. The heavy weight is a THICK sport or a light DK.
Photographed on the shop toddler form which is why it looks WAY small but for a 1 month old...perfection. It's since this this photo was taken had it's ends woven in and been washed and is blocking as we speak. I also got some awesome buttons for it as well.
Photobucket
So yeah....finishing jag, two projects (all be it small baby stuff) in 2 days!
Go me.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM , Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

ooh, i hope some of your finishing mojo rubs off on me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home