Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Irene Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Irene

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Irene

First off let me say thanks to the nice comments that were left for me. I haven't been on for a week but It was nice to come back to nice comments.
Anyways we went to the Memorial shindig on Saturday. I call it a Shindig because that is what she had wanted. Irene wasn't a mopey funeral type. She had told her sons not to have a funeral for her but to have a party...and they did.
So we sat and ate the best damn deli sandwich trays ever, drank beer and diet Dr. Pepper and talked. The DSB caught up with people he hadn't seen for years. It truly was a lovely time and when two of her grown sons started wrestling in the back yard and play slapping each other, we knew it was exactly what she had wanted.
I'd go on but I'm getting choked up.
Will post later today though.

3 Comments:

At 11:09 AM , Blogger Bimbo Baggins said...

That's EXACTLY what I want for my funeral...people to act as they normally would. I told my BFF that I wanted the humpty dance played at my funeral too!

 
At 11:42 AM , Blogger Mrs. Booms said...

What a wonderful memorial. I just asked my husband for this same thing when I go. I want a party... Not a funeral.

 
At 6:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the way to throw a funeral. It shouldn't make people more depressed, it should celebrate the life of the person. More people should have funerals like that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home