Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: I need ideas mommies! Lots of ideas! Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: I need ideas mommies! Lots of ideas!

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I need ideas mommies! Lots of ideas!

Ok so here's the scoop....
My friend E is pregnant. She's due in early December. Her Hubs was over on Sunday and he mentioned that he was worried that nobody would throw her a baby shower....can you see where this is going?
I LOVE BABY SHOWERS! I'm a totall one upper when it comes to these things. I also love babies and I love E and her Hubs, so I totally stepped up and begged to be allowed to throw the baby shower.
So here's the deal.
I don't know how to go about throwing a baby shower.
I know it should be when she's about 7ish months along, and I know there should be food. I don't think she's the dorky party game type and it's going to be in October or November but since I live in LA it's not going to be THAT cold.
So any of you mommies out there wanna help a sistah out...did you have a kick ass baby shower? If not is there something you wish went on at your baby shower?
I need Ideas! I totally want to throw a super sweet baby shower for my friend! HELP!

4 Comments:

At 9:22 AM , Blogger Mrs. Booms said...

I think you should have a baby pinata that everyone can whack.

But I'm sick like that.

A lot of people wil have sip and sees after the baby is born, so momma can drink and everyone can see the baby they are giving their presents too.

 
At 9:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom made a folder, kind of like a scrapbook, but it was mainly just pieces of paper with advice from all the people that attended my shower. I thought it was cool and different. As long as you have good food, and cool people there, it should be a hit. Look online too, sometimes there's something I never would've thought of that turned to be the best part of a party. Good luck!

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger Bimbo Baggins said...

I am the baby shower queen! Email me at lift_lauren@hotmail.com and I will reply with all you ever wanted to know...and more.

 
At 3:28 PM , Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

I had two pretty funny games at my recent shower. One involved drinking beer out of baby bottles (who can finish first + betting going on amongst the guests). The other involved people guessing the circumference of my belly. Several people are no longer my friends for that one.

DEFINITELY assign someone to keep a list of who gave the mommy to be what so she has an easy list for thank you cards later!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home