Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Show us Big and Small Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Show us Big and Small

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Show us Big and Small

Ok so now for a happy fun time post.
So believe it or not I've been knitting like a woman posessed but haven't finished anything. Here are some things I started within the last 2 months that I am super close to finishing.

First BIG
Photobucket
Ya know what that is right. Yes but before I hear "Oh GOD not ANOTHER one of THOSE!" I just want to share with you what makes this special....that there is Elsebeth Lavod Silky Cashmere. I got over a 1300 yards of the stuff on sale at Webs. It usually is $11.95 a ball but they reduced it to $5.99. The reason they still have so much is that this yarn, though beautiful and soft have really lame yardage. I mean 44 yards a ball....Imagine the number of freaking ends I'm gonna have to weave in with this bad boy? Lets just say I'm planning on using AT LEAST 1000 yards on this thing. Do the math. Like 44 ends...this may break me. I'm saving a bottle of good tequila for the task, and if you live in the L.A Area and see a drunk naked woman on the news waving a burning Clapotis around....you know who it is.

Now lets do small!
Photobucket
How bout some wee baby socks. I started these on the plane to Oregon for our vacation, look how much I got done. (I realize the toe is wonky on the finished one, I'm going to remedy that.
And Speaking of Oregon
Photobucket
We went to Voodoo Doughnut In downtown Portland. Look apon my Mapley Baconie goodness and feel your waistline expand. The DSB and I both got one. I couldn't finish it. Though It was pretty darn good it's up there with skydiving or eating blowfish, something you'll only do once.
We ate our doughnuts (And my mother was a trooper for putting up with the teeny space and questionable sanitation of the place) then did what all red blooded Americans do On a Sunday Morning.....We went Wine Tasting.
Photobucket
There's something about Vineyards with those green straight rows that makes me want to move to Oregon and raise Musk Ox and eat all organic meals!

7 Comments:

At 12:44 PM , Blogger Bimbo Baggins said...

OMG, how fun! Seriously...a donut with bacon on it? I'm cornfused...

The booties are soooo cute! I love them!

 
At 3:35 AM , Blogger janingalein said...

oh how cool! my sister lives in portland and talks about voodoo donuts! she´s a big fan.

looks like you had a great vaca, and are making some fun stuff!

i´m going to be casting on the clapotis m`self soon. planning a nye trip to Paris, and i don´t think knitters are allowed in wihtout one!

 
At 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still haven't finished my Clap. I'm dreading it for some reason.

Interesting donut. Was it good?

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

Believe it or not it was pretty good. If anything there was WAY too much glaze on it but it was good. The Old Fashioned style doughnuts were good as well. I think if I had a cup of coffee it would be perfect.

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger Bimbo Baggins said...

ummmmm, it won't let me comment on your newest post.

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!

I totally agree with the 'it's cute when I do it'. That's my motto as well. It's a good one.

How did you get that package? I love the lube. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

It was a Lazy Stupid and Godless swap. I got lucky and had a psychic for a swap partner cause I totally LUV all the stuff she sent.

 
At 10:20 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Voodoo Doughnut & Yamhill Co. wine tour are great PDX area attractions, glad you got to enjoy them!

Adorable baby socks, & your Clapotis looks great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home