Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Curl up ad DYE! Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Curl up ad DYE!

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Curl up ad DYE!

Ok so I had my first adventures in Hand Dyeing the other day. I lost my damn mind and ordered a bunch of undyed yarn and some Acid Dyes in colors I though I'd like and had at it.
The Good News is it came out freaking awesome.
The Bad News is I can't find my god damned camera for the life of me (Believe me I've tried) so I have no photos as proof.
If anyones seem my camera please let me know!
Anyways the yarn is a few shades of red with black mixed in. 2 ply fingering weight. It's in a HUGE hank right now as I haven't found an effecient (sp?) way to wind it into smaller 400+ yard skeins. Also I have a fear that I didn't a: Wash it well enough after I cooked it or b: didn't cook it long enough (Which is bullsh*t because I steamed it for a good hour and every tutorial I read said steam it for like 45 min.) because the red rubbed off a little on my hands. So I may end up washing the smaller hanks again. I dig the color...I think I'm going to call it "Heart Burn" because my theory is the only reason people dye their own yarn is to come up with clever names, and boy do I think that name is clever.
You'd have to see the yarn.....
I have over 2,000 yards of it and had a thought....
maybe after I rewash and skein it I'll do a little give away contest. If would be easy to win as I only have like 2 readers. What do you think.
Anyone feel like a free 400+ yard skein of Sock Yarn? It's pretty....reds and black.
Now I need a contest. I'll think about it and when I finally get pics of the stuff I'll post it.

5 Comments:

At 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to learn how to dye some yarn too. I'm a little wary to knit something up THEN dye it. Scary thought if it doesn't work out!

 
At 3:17 PM , Blogger i wish i had a penguin friend said...

cool!

I've been afraid to try dyeing fabrics because I know I'll get it all over my kitchen and bathroom

 
At 1:50 AM , Blogger janingalein said...

aaah, but if we win, we'd be caught red-footed. Sounds very pretty, though, I'd contest for it.

 
At 1:50 AM , Blogger janingalein said...

aaah, but if we win, we'd be caught red-footed. Sounds very pretty, though, I'd contest for it.

 
At 6:51 PM , Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

I Siad I'd Wash it....I don't want any of MY homies running round with red tootsies!
BTW I would some into a ball and it looks pretty cool!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home