Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Starlight Bowl! Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Starlight Bowl!

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Starlight Bowl!

Photobucket
So in act two of my One Week Behind re-cap of events I want to tell you all bout my new favorite venue.
Starlight Bowlin the beautiful hills of Burbizzle!
My hetero lifepartner AM, who is the goddess of free stuff, somehow managed to score 4 free tickets to see the Royal Crown Revue last Sunday. It was rad.
The place lets you bring your own food and beer/wine. Not hard liquor but that's ok....I totally didn't know you could bring your own food in or I would have packed a super picnic with courses and desserts and things of that nature...but all I could pull outta my ass a the last second was Gardettos Snack Mix and Chocolate Covered Almonds, oh and a really nice bottle of Cabernet that I had stashed away, cause we're totally sophisticated. Also there was Miller Light in Cans....just so you all don' think I'm going soft on you.
Photobucket
Obligatory shoe shot...note my sensible black plats...and AM's stiletto froo froo heels. Yeah she must always one-up me in the shoe dept....bitch...but ya know I love her.
Oh also that lady in front of us was the coolest chick ever. She introduced herself as the "Picnic Goddess" and she has the most awesome cooler I've ever seen, that had a little table that folded out of it. She also had a picnic dinner of many courses, including cake and two different bottles of wine.
Kicks the pants off my Gardettos and Miller Light...but hey, I had a cooler cork screw than she did so Neener!
The funny part was the sheer number of COPS that were there...actaully the 4 cops that spent their evening watching us in particular.
I think they were convinced that we were RCR Hooligans, there to drink hard liquor and smoke cigarettes! I think the worst thing we did was yell at some teenagers that were running on the grass and slammed right in to AM. She yelled, "Hey Be Careful You're Not Supposed to Run In The Grass Seating Area!"
Oh and the Drunkest old lady ever almost vomiting in a trash can....Good Times!

4 Comments:

At 12:48 PM , Blogger Bimbo Baggins said...

Ugh, fun!!! Was that at the Hollywood Bowl?

 
At 10:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so cool! I like the flats by the way, I've been living in mine this summer!

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

Target flats baby....like all my girlfriends have them cause they're so darn cute/practical. Good car show shoes that look cute without tearing up my fet are a must. Sometimes I'll bring heels and flats and change shoes mid day.

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Sounds like a fun place for a night out - and those are some seriously cute shoes. Gotta love Target!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home