Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Dinner...Berlin Style Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Dinner...Berlin Style

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dinner...Berlin Style

So did I mention that the food in Germany is made of AWESOME! I have a friend that does not eat vegetables, ever. Every meal I had in Germany made me think of him because, unless you count potatoes or beer as a veggie, there are none. On occasion you'll get a salad made from some iceberg lettuce and corn (seriously every salad has freakin corn on it, even the salad the DSB's cousin made had corn) with some sort of dressing that is usually creamy and sweet.
I gained so much weight there, but it was worth it.
Here's some Hi-lights of my gastronomic adventures....
Photobucket
Goulash soup.
Photobucket
Kauterfferpuffen...this is a potato pancake that had ham and cheese on it. So good...also you get a view of a German salad....iceberg and corn and dressing that I think was made from strawberries and sour cream.
Photobucket
Pretzel and beer. The locals thought I was on crack for putting mustard on the pretzel. We told them "That's how they do it in New York" so by the end of the day everyone was putting mustard on their pretzel.
Photobucket
KUGEL! Or cake. The one on the left is strawberry and the rest was this awesome cherry cake. The DSB's Uncle brought this over one night. We made a pot of coffee and scarfed cake. We then wondered why we couldn't fall asleep later.
Photobucket
The Best Sauerbraten ever. I mean ever. I make a mean sauerbraten but this seriously made me make a scene ala When Harry Met Sally.

3 Comments:

At 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that food looks really good and I'm not even familiar with ANY german food. Keep these travel posts coming, I like 'em!

 
At 12:52 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

How awesome!! Love the pics, I hope you had an absolute blast! Did you happen across any *ahem* yarn stores while on your travels in Germany?

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger Bimbo Baggins said...

Most of that looks really good.

I'm so jealous you got to go to Germany!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home