Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Bragging Rights Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit: Bragging Rights

Viva Scrapper...Hot rod girl with a nasty knitting habit

Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rodding, Rock and Rolling, Knitting Chick! Yeah, I'm fun like that.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Bragging Rights

Okie Dokie!
So I just got back last night from the Primer Nationals. What a big weekend.
What was so Big.....
WELL......
THE DSB'S 31 MODEL A COUPE WON BEST HOT ROD!!!!!!!!!
Seriously we were not expecting it. The DSB is still in shock. Before we left he said "God I hope people don't hate it." He's so humble about it as well...and they let him thank a few people...one of wich was his "Beautiful Girlfriend" (Wonder who she is so I can kick her ass, Just kidding)
He seriously had some SERIOUS competition. These aren't the DSB's car but these were the other two that I think were in the running.
Photobucket
The other 31.
Photobucket
Don from Imperial Customs did the paint on this one and these photos don't do it justice...these tow were seriously beautiful cars. We canb't believe we won. We weren't even trying.
Usually we leave the show Sunday Morning but since the DSB got an award and they give those out Sunday afternoon we stayed all day. I had to wear my outfit from the day before on account of my driving home outfit consisted of my tore up PBR shirt and some draw string pants....that's the proof that we were not expecting to win ANY award let alone BEST HOTROD!!!!
Our friend declared it DSB day and there was a good time had by all.
We went to the afterparty where they roasted a WHOLE PIG, don't believe me?
Photobucket
Believe me now....more tomorrow.
Also there were some cool

7 Comments:

At 3:36 PM , Blogger Brook said...

YAY thats so exciting! funny about how you wore the same clothes the next day hahaha..... I would have done the same thing...

 
At 9:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cool!!!!! Why didn't you show a pic of it? Am I going to have to wait until it's out in all the hot rod mags?

 
At 6:05 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

OMG How exciting!! I had a friend there pm'ing us cool pics from the show. I bet you guys had a shit ton of fun!!!

 
At 6:14 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Oh BTW,

Can we see a pic of the DSB's car??

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

It's been AMAZING....literally 5 years of work went into his car and it's become an overnight phenomenon
We're totally overwhelmed...I would post a pic of the car but A. the DSB doesn't know about this blog and B. I'm trying to keep a bit of his anonymity here. He's kind of a private person.
I'm just so proud of him. He built this car the way he wanted it, and he built it to drive not to show or win awards so it's really a HUGE compliment that he won that award, especially since we have a HUGE ammount of respect for the person that judged this catagory (for the record this person said my truck was pretty cool)
I think there's a few snippets of his car in some older posts.
Believe me...things have snowballed in the past few days and our heads a spinning just a bit.
Oh and for the record....he drove that car to the show, we don't own a trailer, unless you count AAA?

 
At 1:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that the only way to do it? Rick's a total snob about that too! But he maxes out his AAA usage everytime! Good for DSB, but show a pic! Take it off in a couple days so he can still stay private. Who judged the show? And maybe it's better he doesn't know about the blog, because when you guys get in a fight you can get bitched at like me for, "sitting on my ass knitting and BLOGGING!" But then you could see the scared look on his face when you threaten to write on the blog about your argument. That the funny part!

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

Ok funny story,
I bought the Trouble Truck in glendale AZ....but the rear wheels were rusty and the brakes were bad....the solution, towing. No shame in towing a project home. The people we bought the truck from towed it to Indio for us then I called AAA and gave them some story about the fuel pump going out and they towed it the rest of the way (189 miles). Now I drive that truck all over....drove it this weekend. Also our friend has named it the Trouble Truck as whenever we go to shows it's always full of tool chests and coolers. Good truck to have when you have some trouble on the road.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home